Friday, May 26, 2006

Partially Digested Blueberries

Pin It Now! Reader's Discretion Advised: This story is not for those with a weak stomach. If you are eating something, put it down.
The past couple of days have been quite miserable at our house. Wednesday afternoon around 3pm Mullin informed me that his stomach hurt. A few minutes later he was hurling all over our couch. He ran to the bathroom and threw up some more missing the toilet. The boys love blueberries and had eaten some for lunch which made this stuff a nice brownish purple with lots of partially digested blueberry chunks. Blueberries stain fast. After I got him situated in his bed I surveyed the damage with tears in my eyes not knowing where to begin. Our couch is all one piece, and the puke was seeping down the back and sides. I made a rash decision to take it outside and hose it down. Probably not the best move, but oh, well. On to the bathroom--it took me an hour to clean that teensy weensy bathroom! I was just about finished mopping the floor when I heard a coughing/gurgling kind of sound coming from the boys' room. Mullin's bed is the top bunk, and when I walked into the room all I could see was throw up EVERYWHERE!!! The floor, the wall, the dresser, his huge tub of Lord of the Rings characters, his bed and Lincoln's bed were covered. Fortunately Mark had made it home from work by this time. I don't know what I would have done without his help. From 5pm-8pm we were cleaning up the mess. Poor Shiloh had to stay in her playpen the whole time. Around 8, I wasn't sure if I had been smelling throw up too long or if I wasn't feeling well myself. It wasn't long before I knew the answer. To make a long story short, I threw up all night long. Lincoln joined in around 9 or so. He threw up all night as well, and I couldn't do a thing to help since I was so miserable. Poor Mark literally cleaned carpets and washed sheets and towels all night long getting no sleep. To make matters even worse, he had to stay home the next day and take care of everybody. Now that is a guy dedicated to his family!! He did such a great job, and I am so impressed that our carpet looks so good. Today is Friday and we are all a bit weak but on the mend, and that is a good thing since I have to get this house ready to show tomorrow! I just hope Mark doesn't get the stomach bug.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...