Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Quiet Time

Pin It Now! The term "Quiet Time" has been so over used that I sometimes yawn upon hearing it. But, after being hit by one of those"tough questions" by none other than Lincoln, I was reminded and convicted this morning of just how important daily meditation on God's Word is. During bible study with the boys, Lincoln asked me why God doesn't answer his prayers. We adults may know how to rationalize this complex subject, but this is a 4 year old we are talking about, and I needed an on the spot, truthful yet sensitive answer to satisfy him. Shiloh has been under the weather for the past 2 days, and Lincoln faithfully prays for everyone in the family to not get sick. I think I was able to provide a somewhat decent answer. After our lesson was over, I felt a nudging from You know Who, to spend some time in the Word right then and there. During my "Quiet Time" He reminded me of just how fortunate I am to be able to come in to His presence whenever and wherever all because of His one-time sacrifice. He took my place. He suffered for me, so can it be that difficult to open my Bible and read what He wrote for me? I have made it a habit for over the past 13 years or so, to spend time in God's Word on a regular basis, but every now and then I am tempted to just skip it so I can tend to chores and such. I am busy with 3 kids, but it is essential that I not skip time with Him so I can be prepared for all of those tough questions that my kids will continue to ask. I pray that God will give me the wisdom to train my kids to depart not from the narrow path and to be aliens in this ever changing world.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...