Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"Why" Wednesday

Pin It Now! Is it already Wednesday again??
Well, how about a question from Lincoln. He is always asking sooooooooooooo many!!!

A few weeks ago he asked me, "Mommy why did God make Satan when He knew he was gonna be bad?"

I don't remember my answer in full, but I first explained about the creation of Satan and went from there.

It is sort of like us, though, really. Why did God make us when He knew we were gonna be "bad"? Boy, I definitely don't have all the answers, but I know need FAITH to get me through. Speaking of that, it is rest time here at my household, so I better head on upstairs to do my "quiet time" before it gets noisy again!!

6 comments:

Katy said...

Awww, some questions are just so hard to answer and are totally all a matter of faith! I hope you enjoyed your day! :)

Anonymous said...

I have asked that very same question myself from time to time!!! I have no answer for it either. It's one I'm definitely going to ask when I get there!

Six in the Mix said...

If God hadn't created evil there would be no opposite--good. So, without Satan, or some other embodiment of evil, we wouldn't know just how good God is.

If you lived in light all your life, but had never experienced dark, you would not appreciate light half as much as those who had stumbled around their entire lives without it.

God uses the contrast to show us the extent of His goodness--of who He is.

AJ said...

For some reason, I have a hard time believing that God "created" evil, not even for 'contrast' sake.

Brandi said...

He obviously created beings, though, that were capable of committing evil. Satan was created as the most beautiful and wise angel of them all!

AJ said...

Oh, no doubt about it! He created us and we are definitely capable of unspeakable evil! But I don't believe he 'created evil' in the way he created us and just threw a big "bunch of evil" down on us to sort out and deal with and live with, any more than a parent would create a horrifying situation and throw their child into it just so that child could run to that parent for comfort and rescue. I do know he allows evil, and I believe evil comes from the heart of sinful man, not from a "creation act" of God. Of course, I am no theologian, so there is no deep exegesis to expound on this topic, just my simple layman-terms beliefs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...