Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Works For Me Wednesday: Backwards Day

Pin It Now!



Oh goody, I get to ask a question this time!! I hope someone out there has an answer!






How in the world do I remove hard water stains??






Back in Memphis I had mold problems. Glad I don't have to deal with that anymore, but now I have hard water stains that I don't seem to be able to get rid of.




Mostly, the problem area is in my shower, but it's also in my sinks, toilets, and fridge water tray. It looks like I have a dirty shower even right after I scrub it. Please help, I have tried so many things--scrubbing with baking soda, borax, Ajax with bleach, vinegar, and I have even tried CLR(the stuff advertised on TV). If anyone has had a similar experience, I would greatly appreciate the advice.








On a different note, I can't remember from whose Works for Me Wednesday post I got this idea, but it is working for me, too! It has been a great and inexpensive way to organize my spices, etc. Just wanted to say thanks.




















To view more posts just like this one, go to Rocks in my Dryer.

9 comments:

not up to code said...

Have you tried the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser? Those things rock! and there are no chemicals involved. I know how you like no chemicals.

tammi said...

I had the same problem and CLR did absolutely nothing. Then I discovered the wonders of Lime-Away! If you can get it in your area, I highly recommend you try it.

Anonymous said...

Use powdered oxyclean with water in a spray bottle Use the concentation that does the job Sometimes I just keep adding. If you add too much the stuff can bubble up out of the bottle but it doesn't hurt anything This is also better for the environment than other harsh cleaners

jen said...

Oh, I'm right there with you. Use vinegar (the clear kind, not cider vinegar) on anything that you can. You have to let it sit for a bit. To clean our water and ice dispenser I dip a rag in it then drape it over the dispenser and leave it for 20 minutes. When I come back, the hard water stains usually come up. When I can, I simply soak it in part vinegar/part water mixture. (This is great for the shower head, if you can get it off.) For the bathroom, get yourself some Comet bathroom cleaner - the spray stuff (not the powdery icky stuff). It says right on there that it removes hard water stains, and it DOES! Just be sure to rinse really well! :)

HONEY said...

Lime-Away has worked well for me on the hard water marks.

Anonymous said...

Okay, now you have a lot of good ideas to try. I expect that shower to be spotless...or else!

Don't make me get "Sleeping with the Enemy" on you.

Brandi said...

Thanks to all who offered their advice!!

Truth said...

Vinegar does work, but I found something that works even better. It is called Kaboom. I seriously doubted it until I tried it. I love it for the tray on my refrigerator. It has never looked so clean. It is like a miracle product.

jenn said...

Ok ya'll I think I have found the miracle here. We just put our house on the market...upper price range in our area. Mind you I am a procrastinator when it comes to house work. I found this site tried almost everything, nothing worked good enough, frustrated I was sitting there thinking what I could try. My husband does all our vehicle maintenance. So I went and got his "Gojo". I rubbed just a little bit on an inconspicuous spot and instantly years worth of hard water stains gone with almost no elbow grease. It can be found at any auto store like AutoZone/Advanced.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...