Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday: Candle Wax Removal

Pin It Now!

I learned a tip a few years ago about removing leftover wax from glass candle holders in a mess-free way. (I used to melt the leftover wax in the oven by turning the glass upside down on a cookie sheet with a paper towel in between. Time consuming and messy.)

Here's the tip: Just stick the entire candle, glass container/votive holder and all, in the freezer for a couple of hours, and the leftover candle will pop right out. Now you have a perfectly clean container ready for a new candle.

This works wonderfully for me! Don't forget to stop by rocksinmydryer for more neat tips.




1 comment:

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

I had totally forgotten this trick! Thanks for reminding me. After the Christmas holidays, I have a bunch of leftover candle goop!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...