Friday, September 04, 2009

Labor Meme

Pin It Now! In honor of Labor Day I am posting this meme that I found at Rocks In My Dryer. :)


How long were your labors?

Mullin-- 12 hours
Lincoln--6 hours
Shiloh-- 3 hours

How did you know you were in labor?

Mullin-- water broke around 6 am while I was still in bed. Boy, was that a strange feeling!! I even heard it pop!

Lincoln--started having contractions after I went to bed. When hubby finally came to bed pretty late, I told him that I thought we might need to go to the hospital. But I had to shower first!!! By the end of the shower, oh my, the contractions were PAINFUL!!!!!

Shiloh--water broke right after getting into bed. My mom had just come into town, too!!! Perfect timing.

Where did you deliver?

Mullin-- at home, and yes, on purpose. Pushed for 4 hours. That little stinker wouldn't move his elbow out of the way. He literally tore my insides to pieces. Rushed to the hospital for much repair and blood transfusion.

Lincoln--hospital (hubby said he was not about to watch me almost die again!) Worst fill in dr. ever!!! Glad we were at the hospital, though, since baby needed to go to NICU for a couple of hours.

Shiloh--hospital with best dr. and nurses ever! :) First delivery where both mom and baby ok. :)

Drugs?

Not one drop. It hurt like the dickens, and I don't think I would have the strength to ever do it again!

C-Section?

Nope, guess that would require drugs, right?!

Who delivered?

Mullin--midwife

Lincoln--see above--worst dr. ever.

Shiloh--see above--wonderful dr. Dr. Thomas Gray in Memphis

Have a glorious Labor Day and let me know if you do this meme!


1 comment:

Jayme said...

ooh, sorry you had a scary homebirth. I'd love to have a homebirth, but Zeus won't go for it. I had Sammie in the hospital with a midwife though, and it was awesome. NO drugs for me either, that time. Joshie was a different story. :)

~Jaime

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...