Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ice Skating ~ Not So Much

Pin It Now! I used to be pretty talented on the ice. I got my start at The Mall of Memphis back in the day. My friend, Sara, and I would rock the ice with our fast moves and attempted twirls. I mean, we we could have tried out for the Olympics if we'd wanted to. (Yeah, right!)

When I was about 18 or so, I went ice skating with my church friends. I can't remember if Mark and I were already dating, but he was there and my friend Theryssa was there. If my memory serves me well, I think I could still stand up and at least proceed in a forward motion while wearing those bad boys.

I found out in Colorado that a lot has changed in 15 years.

Thank goodness I was the one with the camera that day. That means there will be NO pictures of me on this post. My family members were trying to be sweet by telling me it was probably just a bad pair of skates. Seriously, I had to call it quits for fear of breaking my ankles and ruining the rest of the vacation. That's okay, though, I hung out with my cute, little niece, Audrey, instead. (And took pictures from the sidelines.)


Anyway, so begins our Colorado vacation... on the ice!! (And I was literally ON the ice!)
















Audrey

Lincoln, Mullin, Jackson, Shiloh

1 comment:

The Lenzers said...

glad you got to have a get away. shiloh would love it here today, we have about 5 inches of snow. it is so rare and beautiful. hope your feeling up to par soon....momsdon't get sick days

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...