Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bye, Bye Belly Bump

Pin It Now! My sweet, baby girl was born with a belly bump that we later found out was actually an epigastric hernia. It's a little hard to see in this picture, but the bump is above her belly button. These kinds of hernias don't go away by themselves, so we knew surgery was in her future.

August 17 was that day. I was amazed by her bravery! Not once did she cry before surgery. The other day, though, she asked me if I'd be sad if she never woke up. Of course I said, "YES, I couldn't live without my girl!!!" Her reply: "Well, you could just kill yourself and then you'd be with me." She said it so matter-of-factly, too.

Here she is coloring with Daddy while we wait to be admitted.

So cute in her surgery outfit, and she got to pick out her hat. :) Waiting was the most difficult part, but she never complained. She did get to watch G-Force, so I am sure that helped. I couldn't believe that she never even once complained about being hungry or thirsty. Such a good girl.



The nurse gave her some stickers so she could decorate her breathing mask. Oh, and she got to scent her mask with root beer flavor - her choice. Nice that they make it so "fun" for kids.

Yep, this was the hardest part for me - watching her wave bye. And still she didn't cry. I was surprised that I didn't either, but I managed to keep myself together.

Seeing the surgeon come out to the waiting room with a smile was the best! Poor baby, though, was quite grumpy and tearful waking up. I hate that she had to go through this, but I loved taking care of her and spoiling her. :)


At home resting with her new Littlest Pet Shop character - her little happy from Mommy and Daddy. She wouldn't let me take a picture of her belly - she says it's ugly.

I am so thankful that everything went so smoothly. Praise God!!

2 comments:

The Lenzers said...

PRAISE GOD!!!! I am so happy that Shiloh's surgery went well and she is feeling good. You have such a beautiful family Brandi

Nikki said...

That's wonderful news that everything went so well. It's really hard to watch them go off to surgery and not be able to be in there with them.

And what a terrific hospital to make it fun for kids!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...