Saturday, October 09, 2010

First Quarter . . . Done!

Pin It Now! I am simply dumbfounded by the fact that I have completed 10 weeks of school already!! So, technically we are done with the first quarter plus one week. Now it is time for a break--FALL BREAK. :)

Gigantic praise for no one getting sick for an entire school quarter!! Hootyhoo! (I don't count the 2-day cold my daughter caught right before her surgery.) I don't think that's happened the whole 4 years we've been living in AZ.

I had thoroughly anticipated a challenging school year since a kindergartner was being added to the mix, but I am so happy to report that this school year has been quite pleasant. It's astonishing that I have a kid in junior high who pretty much completes school on his own, my third grader has surprised me this year by tackling a few more subjects without too much mama help, and my 5 year old is very easy to teach and has such a sweet disposition!! (Plus, I think it helps that 11 years of motherhood has relaxed me a smidge.)

The one thing that feels so strange about my 7th year of homeschooling is that I am falling WAY behind on keeping up with my boys' science and history. They both read everything on their own now, and instead of spending my time reading their books, I am teaching a beautiful little girl how to read and write. I actually enjoy learning right along with my kids and staying on top of every last detail, but there is only so much time in a day!!

So, now on to Fall Break--so many "to dos" are already piling up!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...