Friday, October 29, 2010

Life is Short

Pin It Now!
Last weekend I attended an annual family reunion. I like going. I like seeing family who I don't typically see throughout the year.

During the chatter, catching up, and kids whizzing about, a few moments suddenly turned grave. Shock. Silence. Some tears. A life seemed to be hanging in the balance. My grandpa's life.

I was reminded of the fragility of life. It doesn't last forever. We only have so much time to make a difference, to be the best person we can be. Each day is a choice to live life to the fullest.

I am pondering that even my life is but a breath.

(My mom and grandpa)


My grandpa was taken to the hospital in an ambulance that day, but thankfully, he is home and doing much better. May his last years on earth be fruitful and may God be glorified.


I am encouraged to keep pressing on and raising up children for the Lord. To make a difference. To cherish every moment.

May my 3 little acorns grow up to be "Oaks of Righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor." (Isaiah 61:3) If this be the case, then my life will have been a life well spent.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that ending scripture. Thanks Autumn for reminding us of the gift life really is.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...