Tuesday, June 25, 2013

O is for Oreo Delight

Pin It Now!


Otherwise known as O.D. in my husband's family. It was requested all of the time for birthday dinners at Pawpaw and Grandma's house in Tennessee.

It is really easy to make. (I had to learn how when we moved away!) I have made a few minor changes because I am super picky about ice-cream brand and I don't like Cool Whip.

Oreo Delight

  • 1 package of Oreos (I sometimes use Late July Vanilla Bean Green Tea cookies that look just like Oreos except taste better!!!!!)
  • 1/2 gallon of vanilla ice-cream (I use Breyers)
  • Home made whipped cream (same amount as a Cool Whip tub) Or you could just use Cool Whip.
*Let ice-cream sit on counter to soften quite a bit. Crush cookies. I like to leave mine kind of chunky. Mix soft ice-cream, cookies, and whipped cream together. Spread into 9x13 glass baking dish. Store in freezer. Let sit for a few minutes before cutting and serving. Garnish with additional cookies if desired. If you do want to garnish, you will need to buy more cookies. :)



**If you want to use the Late July cookies (in organic section of store), buy 2 boxes and use most of them in the O.D. leaving some out for garnishing. Also, to make home made whipped cream, buy heavy whipping cream and beat with an electric mixer until stiff. I add about a tablespoon or so of sugar to a pint.

Linked to Tasty Tuesday
Works for me Wednesday


Visit Ben and Me for more O posts!

Blogging Through the Alphabet
Originally posted June 2010 

2 comments:

Bitterroot Mama said...

Looks yummy!

kewkew said...

Oh my, this looks delicious and seems so easy to make. I can definitely see this being something to make with the children for Kids and a Mom in the Kitchen.
Thanks for sharing on Throwback Thursday. I can't wait to see what you share this week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...