Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Make Your Own French Fries

Pin It Now! Making your own fries does take more time, but I think they are much healthier and they taste pretty good, too. Plus, when you get a huge bag of potatoes on sale, it's a great way to save money while providing a healthy snack or side dish to a meal. :)

Here's what I do:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

I usually use about 4-5 baking potatoes for a side dish to feed a family of 5.

I like to use my crinkle cutter but a regular knife will do. I like to cut medium sized fries, so they aren't too difficult to remove from the baking sheet. I leave the skin on.

After cutting, I put the raw wedges into a bowl. I drizzle olive oil over the potatoes and mix--coat well. Next, I add spices: salt, pepper, garlic powder and sometimes I add in a dash of red pepper. I don't want my fries too spicy!

Very lightly oil the baking sheet and spread out the fries. I cook mine for about 30 min. I tend to like them a bit crispy. Too soft and they won't come off the baking sheet without a fight!

I really do like these fries--but they are different then the frozen kind or the fast-food kind.

Once you get the hang of it, they are so easy to make!!!



Also linked to Tasty Tuesday

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...