Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Pumpkin Spice French Toast

Pin It Now! So far this fall I've made Pumpkin Smoothies, Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Pancakes, and now Pumpkin Spice French Toast. We love filling up our Octobers and Novembers with all things PUMPKIN! Do you?

So, I had some bread that needed to be used up and some leftover pumpkin in the fridge. Hmmm, what to do? I figured since my family LOVES pumpkin pancakes so much that maybe we'd all like pumpkin french toast too. Oh my! I was right. :)



 
I didn't follow a recipe, but here's what I did, and it tasted great.
 
PUMPKIN SPICE FRENCH TOAST
 
* 4 eggs, beaten
* 1 cup milk
* 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
* 1 tsp. vanilla
* 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
* 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
 
** I used wheat bread (this bag had the larger, more rectangular pieces), and I had enough egg mixture for about 12 pieces of bread. I cooked the bread at about 350° on a large skillet. For a treat we embellished with whipped cream. :)
 

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Wow. These sound delicious. I made pumpkin bread tonight. It was my first pumpkin treat so far this season. Nothing says fall like pumpkin.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...