Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Frosted Pumpkin Cookies

Pin It Now!


Ever since I saw these pumpkin cookies on Pinterest, I've wanted to taste them! I had no idea how DIFFICULT it was going to be to find these autumn sprinkles. I gave up on my quest for these festive sprinkles, but the other day I happened upon them while I was at World Market. Yea!

So glad I found the sprinkles. Warning: these cookies are YUMMY!

I am going to include the recipe on this post because I have changed a couple of things - I don't like to use Crisco and I wanted thicker frosting. For the original recipe (and a better photo), visit My Baking Addiction.

Frosted Pumpkin Cookies

For the Cookies:
2 cups butter softened (I used real butter)
2 cups white sugar (I know so bad for you)
2 cups canned pumpkin
2 eggs
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups all-purpose flour

1. Cream butter, white sugar, and pumpkin. Add eggs and mix well.

2. Whisk together the baking soda, ground cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, salt and flour. Add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.

3. Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake 13-15 minutes at 350°F.

For the Frosting:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons butter, softened
4 1/2 to 5 cups confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk

1. Cream butter and cream cheese together.

2. Add vanilla and milk; mix well.

3. Add confectioners' sugar about 1 cup at a time until you reach desired consistency; mix well.

4. Top with sprinkles if you wish.


I think it is safe to say that my whole family (including my daughter's friend) LOVED these cookies!!

Linked to Tasty Tuesday
Try a New Recipe Tuesday
Works for Me Wednesday

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...