Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year!

Pin It Now! I am a total party pooper when it comes to staying up late even on New Year's Eve. When you're a seasoned insomniac, you just can't afford to take the chance, even for one night, that a new insomnia cycle will commence.

Yes, one night of insomnia usually starts a round of more nights of insomnia. The more tired I get the more I can't fall asleep. It doesn't make sense, I know, but it's just the way it is for me. *Sigh*

Also, I seem to have a window of opportunity when it comes to being able to fall asleep. So, if I miss it, insomnia ensues.

Can anyone relate?

I have found a few things that help in this area, so things are much better than they used to be, but I want to keep it that way!!

Anyway, enough about my sensitive sleeping issues, I still had a great New Year's Eve!

I don't ever plan anything big for New Year's - I don't make cute New Year's Eve crafts with my kids or plan a special meal. By the time Christmas is over, I am plumb out of creative energy and festiveness!!

I woke up on New Year's Eve and decided to make coconut walnut pancakes. Delicious. Then, I spent the rest of the morning shopping and spending Christmas money. THANK YOU, THANK YOU sweet family members for Christmas money!!! It isn't often I get to spend money on things I want - ya know, the fun stuff - so I had a blast! Here's a taste of what I've been spending my money on . . .



My hubby and I have wanted to make a wall frame collage for over a year with pictures we had made in November 2011. I can't wait to finish it. For my design I was inspired by something I saw on Pinterest of course!

I've also been able to spend some money on clothes and some beauty products ~ yea! It really is nice to be able to have outfits to choose from now. :)

On New Year's Eve as a family, we spent time sitting around our new fire pit. (Thanks again for Christmas money!) I may have a reason to sort of like my backyard now. ;) Mmmm - chilly night, hot cocoa, roasted marshmallows, and sweet family fellowship. Well, most of the fellowship was sweet anyway. (Goofy kids and certain "noises" can kind of sour the mood quick!)







Happy New Year Everybody!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Happy new year to you too! I'm following you from the crew!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...