Monday, July 25, 2016

Proverbs 6:20-23 in Pictures

Pin It Now!


As I was reading from the book of Proverbs, the words in chapter 6 verses 20-23 struck me. Maybe more so now since I have 2 sons who are growing up ever so fast and on the brink of manhood - one entering his final year of high school and one entering his first.

I'm a very visual person, and as I read I began to see these verses come to life. It was so peaceful to take a break from the busyness of life to put the words to pictures. I need to do this more often.









 

To my dear sons,

As I am sure you've noticed, being a mom of teens isn't easy for me, but joy fills my heart to overflowing watching you embrace the faith in which you've been trained up and seeing you make an effort to follow the values and principles your dad and I have instilled in you.

I won't lie, though, it can be scary witnessing the struggle in each of you to find your own way in the world. It aches, too, when I feel the slip and fall of yet another apron string. I know you need to form your own thoughts and ideas about life, and I know you need to experience the power, the realness, of this God who made you and who lives in you for yourselves. 

But trying to keep the balance of letting go and reigning in, and knowing when to step in and when to stay out is hard. 

It gets messy on both sides, but my prayer has always been that my love for you and your love for me will cover a multitude of sins. 

It is also my prayer that you both will always remember these wise words from Proverbs 6:20-23. Following God's commands will never lead you astray. If you keep them, bind them, fasten them, and forsake them not; they will guide you, watch over you, and speak to you all the days of your lives.

                                                                              I love you both with all my heart,

                                                                                                  -- Mom


This post may be linked to one or more of the following link-up parties.

Original photos in this post are from pixabay.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...